As we hurtle through February, with the nights happily growing ever longer and Christmas all but a distant memory, the ground has begun its annual thaw and daffodils have started to burst into bloom. Migratory birds are slowly starting to return from their winter holiday and there lingers a sweet scent that everything is slowly starting to ready itself for when spring finally comes knocking.
This also means that Easter is just a hop, skip and a jump away – the perfect time to indulge yourself in your first holiday of the year!
Whether you’re searching for a family break from which to eggs-plore stunning East Devon and the Jurassic Coast, a romantic hideaway to eggs-scape in happy solitude, or a long weekend eggs-cursion to recharge your batteries from the hustle and bustle of modern life; Lympstone Manor couldn’t be more perfect.
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite things to do in the area over the Easter period.
- Take the kids and explore the Exe Estuary trail, either to Exmouth or Exeter, taking in the scenery and quaint villages along the route.
- Having sampled Michael’s cuisine at Lympstone Manor, take a small boat from Exmouth Marina to The River Exe Cafe where you can eat whilst you view the Manor from a different angle.
- Walk The Jurassic Coast, best explored whilst walking the South West Coast Path, enjoy a spot of rock pooling at Ladram Bay, search for an Annamite fossil or head slightly inland to explore the infamous Otterton Mill (first noted in the Doomsday Book).
- Take the train to Exeter and enjoy the beautiful Quayside, Princesshay for a spot of shopping or watch Exeter Chiefs storm home to victory at Sandy Park.
- Have a go at a Watersports in Exmouth; whether kite-surfing, kayaking or standup paddle-boarding (SUP), you might find your new passion!
- Take a Stuart Line Cruise from Exmouth along the coast to Sidmouth and enjoy an ice cream whilst sat on a deckchair in this famous regency town.
- Hire some bikes from reception and head further afield to Dawlish Warren or further round to Teignmouth as the Great Western Railway roars past.
- Head onto Dartmoor to explore the famous tors, take part in a spot of letterboxing, or simply sit happily in a Mediaeval tavern sipping on a pint of Dartmoor ale.
- Walk the dog to Woodbury Common and learn about the Bronze Age fort that sits on the highest point; with commanding views across the entire area.
- Sample the local produce; either at Greendale Farm Shop or Darts Farm (two of our suppliers) and fill your suitcase with the best Devon has to offer.
- Thrill yourself with a Land Rover experience and learn about the capabilities of these incredible machines as your plough through the East Devon countryside.
- Wander the picturesque streets of Topsham, as sailing boats launch from the marina; an eggs-quisite location for any adventure on the Estuary to start.
Our reception team are more than happy to advise on any of the above, but book now to make your Easter break truly eggs-citing!