COVID-19 POLICY AND PROCEDURES -21.05.20 –
RESERVATION GUARANTEE AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
All guests with reservations until the 3rd July will be contacted by our reservations team to arrange for date amendments or cancellations. All direct bookings made with Lympstone Manor will be allowed to change or cancel without charge. This includes advance purchase rate reservations. For bookings beyond 3rd July 2020 we want to remind you of the flexibility already built into our rates and packages that allow our guests to amend travel plans as necessary.
Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third parties are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies and for assistance. For group bookings, please contact your event planner or our reservations teams at the hotel.
We would like to ask our guests for their support during this unprecedented time and ask that if you are able to, to postpone your reservation as opposed to cancellation. This provides safety and security for the future of our business and we thank all of you for choosing Lympstone Manor as your place to stay!
All new reservations confirmed will be monitored in relation to the on-going situation and will be given flexibility around the cancellation policy including advance purchase rates.
We have amended our guarantee and cancellation policies to allow modification or postponement of any new reservations without incurring any penalty.
The hotel is currently planning to re-open on 4th July. All reservations made for arrival on or after the 4th July are subject to the continuous government guidelines and advice. Should the anticipated opening be delayed due to the on-going pandemic and hotels and restaurants are not allowed to re-open; all reservations will be contacted to amend or cancel their reservation with flexibility on all direct bookings made with Lympstone Manor.
Existing Gift vouchers
Any existing gift vouchers due to expiry between March-June 2020 are encouraged to contact the hotel direct to arrange for an extention to their voucher validity. An additional three months validity will be given to all voucher requests.
HYGIENE STATEMENT AND AMENDMENTS TO SERVICES
For the safety and security of both our guests and staff we have put in place additional health and safety procedures. These extend to personal hygiene of our staff, cleaning procedures within the hotel, PPE, social distancing and the amendment of operations and services to meet social distancing guidelines whilst protecting other safety and security measures.
The below details are not exhaustive or fully inclusive but published to give guidance and set expectations for our guests prior to visiting Lympstone Manor.
The below guidance and additional operational procedures will continue to be amended and reviewed in line with government policies, advice and guidance.
Policy for guest interaction (but not limited to) on site at Lympstone Manor
Track and Trace:
To assist with track and trace we will keep a record of all reservations.
On arrival to the restaurant, we will ask guests to register using an app as guided by the team and show the server their confirmation before order.
A record will be available of customers and visitors for a minimum of 21 days, and held in a secure GDPR environment.
- Our team will contact guests four days prior to the reservation and remind them / make them aware and encourage them to comply with, limits on gatherings. Indoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (including support bubbles) while outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households. It is against the law to gather in groups of more than 30 people.
- All seating arrangements have been placed to meet the 1-metre government advice for social distancing. Where tables and chairs have not been removed, certain seating may be placed as ‘not in use’ to maintain distancing.
- All restaurant bookings must be reserved in advance and are specifically staggered to ensure social distancing in the lounge and restaurant. This is also designed to help managed ques at the entrance of the hotel.
- To help us maintain social distancing for our staff and operations, reservation times will be strictly observed to ensure social distancing can be up-held. Please therefore respect your reservation time. We are unable to guarantee tables, should guests arrive late for reserved time. Should you arrive early for your table, you may be asked to kindly vacate the public spaces and enjoy a walk in the gardens, vacate to your room or car and return at your allotted time.
- Tables will be enjoyed during the meal experience for a maximum of 2hr30 minutes. All tables must be returned after their allotted time.
- Certain elements of our service will be amended, for those guests returning these will be minor changes until further restrictions can be relaxed. These minor changes have been considered to reduce contact points between staff and guests. Some services such as water and wine will continue to be poured on your behalf to reduce cross contact from bottles. Should you prefer to pour this yourself please speak with a member of the team.
- We remind customers who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines.
- Social distancing between both our team and our team with customers will be observed where possible.
- Where social distancing is not possible, contact times will be limited. Screens are in place at both the host desk and the reception desk.
- Gloves and face coverings have been provided to our teams to mitigate the risk where social distancing can not be applied.
- Markings and posters are around the hotel to remind customers to maintain social distancing (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable, is acceptable) between customers of different households or support bubbles.
- Where the social distancing guidelines cannot be followed in full in relation to a particular activity, mitigating actions will be taken to reduce the risk of transmission between our staff and customers. Mitigating actions include:
- Further increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
- Keeping the activity time involved as short as possible.
- Using screens or barriers to separate workers from each other and workers from customers at points of service.
- Using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
Guests travelling to and from Lympstone Manor
- We advise guests to avoid public transport on travelling to Lympstone Manor. Should public transport be unavoidable, we recommend following government guidelines for public transport.
- Bike storage is available for any guests wishing to travel via bicycle to Lympstone manor.
Entering and moving around the building
- There will be a managed entrance for guests, a member of staff will greet you at the entrance to check the name of your reservation. Our team will select a clean and socially distanced seating arrangement for you first before welcoming you further into the hotel
- On entry points at the hotel a sanitizing station is available and guests are encouraged to use this on entry and exit o the building.
- In the event of a que forming, this will extend outside of the main hotel reception.
- Clear signage will be provided to remind customers to maintain social distancing and hygiene such as hand washing and the use of sanitizing stations.
- There will be clear floor markers to help maintain social distancing in the busy ground floor corridors.
- Where possible, the team will bring card machines to tables to reduce congestion at our service stations and reception desks.
- Disabled access and parking will not be disrupted and will remain accessible.
- In the ground floor corridor, where 1-meter rule is not possible, please follow the floor guidance and allow for people passing before proceeding.
The restaurant services
- Cutlery and napkins will be placed on the table ready for each reservation to reduce the setting of the table while unable to maintain social distancing.
- Guests will be seated at their table by our team to ensure that tables are managed within social distancing.
- Condiments, salt and pepper will be available on request from the customer. They will be sanitized after each use.
- Please refrain from using cash. We encourage contactless payment or card payments at all times
To provide our guests a wide range of dining options and in a range of space to allow comfort and confidence in social distancing we have the following menu options:
- In the main restaurant, at lunch we will serve two menus; a four-course menu £65, and a seven-course tasting menu £150.
- At dinner, we will continue to serve our three dinner menus; A choice three course a la carte menu £140, our seven course ‘Taste of the Estuary’ seafood menu £150 and Michael’s eight course tasting menu £160.
- Resident guests are invited to enjoy light suppers and lunches in the lounge, bar area, terrace.
- Room service menu’s include, both the light lunch and light supper menu. To allow extra flexibility and allow for ‘isolation’ dining our three course, choice A la carte menu will be available for in-room dining. Please note this experience is usually served in the restaurant, and certain elements of service may not be delivered to allow for continued social distancing to protect you our guest and our staff. Please ensure you reserve this option in advance.
- For all room service, our team will notify you by your in-room phone to expect your room service delivery. Staff will place the tray at the door, knock and vacate the immediate space.
- The breakfast buffet will be removed for the foreseeable future, all items from the buffet will still be available and can be ordered from the breakfast menu.
- Room service breakfast is also available, please complete the breakfast door hanger order and place on your door before 2am.
- We ask the guest to maintain social distancing when using the guest toilets and to wait outside the toilet should the handwashing area already be occupied.
Observation of safety measures
- There will be clear guidance on expected customer behaviours, social distancing and hygiene to people on or before arrival and this has also been shared via email link in customer confirmations. Failure to observe safety measures will result in service not being provided. This information is displayed on posters throughout the hotel. Those who are visually impaired can be assisted by a duty manager who will explain the guidelines.
- Police and the local authorities have the powers to enforce requirements in relation to social distancing and may instruct customers to disperse, leave an area, issue a fixed penalty notice or take further enforcement action.
- Guests should be prepared to remove face coverings safely if asked to do so by police officers and staff for the purposes of identification. – include online and on reception A4 FRAME***
- Where visits to venues are required, for example, inbound supplier deliveries or safety critical visitors, guidance on social distancing and hygiene will be given on or before arrival. – This encouraged through risk assessment and departmental SOP’s
Reception and hotel guest interaction
- Due to the reduced space in the reception area, our team will proceed with check-in’s in the room where possible. They will ensure to keep a 1-meter distance and request that this is respected in return. Where this is not possible, or on request staff will conduct the check-in outside of the room.
Kitchen tours will no longer be available until further notice.
To reduce congregation and ‘hot’ touch points, the pantry will be out of service until further notice.
Tea and coffee making facilities are available in all rooms and in addition there is room service for drinks and snacks such as biscuits and cake which are available all day.
Newspapers and magazines
For resident guests, morning newspapers will be continued to be delivered and will be hung on your door in the morning as a continuous no-contact delivery. All reading material will be removed from public spaces
In room facilities:
All reading material from bedrooms will be removed. Please order your morning newspaper with reception on arrival. Writing materials and the guest directory has been removed to reduce contact points. All information from the guest directory can be found on the TV. For any advice or additional information, contact reception
Our team will continue to assist with carrying luggage to and from you room. The team will place luggage at the door, knock and leave the area. Alternatively, please respect our team’s personal space and leave a 1 meters distance for them to enter your room to store your luggage. We prefer that luggage is delivered prior to the guest’s arrival and removed after the guest has vacated the room.
Our valet service will not be offered until further notice. Due to the distance between the hotel and the car park, a golf buggy service will be provided when requested.
Accidents, security and other incidents
In an emergency, for example, an accident, provision of first aid, fire or break-in, our teams will not comply with social distancing guidelines if it is deemed by that member of staff to be unsafe.
Staff involved in the provision of assistance to others will pay particular attention to sanitation measures immediately afterwards, including washing hands.
All staff members will be wearing face masks and gloves throughout the hotel. These will be changed at regular intervals as guided by official guidance.
Staff members will also be adhering to strict uniform and personal hygiene requirements when on hotel premises.
Hygiene and cleaning
- Our staff will be following strict personal hygiene requirements and uniform requirements.
- Our public spaces and regular contact points will be cleaned hourly during busy peak times such as throughout lunch and dinner.
- All cleaning throughout the hotel both back of house and front of house will be considered in line with government guidelines, including but not limited to frequency, products and equipment.
- Our team will continue to clean your room in the morning for all stay over guests and offer a turn down service in the evening. We will ask at check-in if you wish to continue to receive this service. We ask that you vacate the room for the housekeeping team.